Friday, October 12, 2012

Soupy Oatmeal

I'm calling this post soupy oatmeal because that what my life has been like the past two weeks. You know when you are making oatmeal and you can't find the right balance of hot water to oatmeal ratio. We are trying to find the balance and I think we have almost found it. So because my life has been soupy oatmeal this post is going to be in bullets to catch you up. That makes sense, right?

  • So last week was hard! I had tears, Owen had tears and it was just not a good week. While we did have good 10-20 minute intervals of good, last week was just plain difficult in the school area.
  • I met with some fellow home school moms who were uplifting, encouraging, and may have seen me almost cry. I know where we,Owen and I,  were hitting the wall, and they gave me some great advice. I am 99% sure we have fixed the problem.
  • So because my week was so difficult, my very sweet husband planned me a night out. I had some yummy Mexican food with a friend and then saw, Taken 2. I don't like most sequels but this was really good.
  • Saturday the family packed up and headed to Cave Springs, Ga. The 411 yard sale was going on and I found a cute little sewing table. I have stripped, sanded, and re stained the top. Now I need to paint it and move it in the house. It will be my new nightstand and I'm so excited! I will post pictures soon.
  • While in Ga we took the kids into an actual cave(hence the name Cave Springs) which Owen thought was awesome.Emily kept growling like a bear, because bears live in caves you know. I'm happy to report there were no bears.
  • Sunday we visited a new church and while everyone was friendly, it just wasn't for us.
  • This week Owen did not have a fall break and he is doing great in school! I also cleaned out my closet and sold a good many things on a online yard sale. Made almost 150$!
  • Because Owen did not have a fall break and had such a good week, I decided he would have a long weekend. NO school today!
  • Lastly, Wayne and I are kid free tonight and when he asked what I wanted to do, I replied with,
    "stay home in my pjs, rent a movie, and eat something yummy for dinner." So that is what we are going to do.  And I may put up my Christmas tree and I don't think it is too early. I'll put fall leaves on it and glittery pine cones for now.
It looks like my soupy oatmeal just got a lot thicker. Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment