Friday, September 28, 2012

Weekend Update

 It is Friday, so I can say weekend update, right? Why does the word, update, automatically make my brain hear the "newsflash" sound from my I-phone. Weird! Anyway, so here is an update on our day. Please read this post, like you couldn't wait to know about our day, k. =) The snot twins, aren't so snotty anymore and we even ventured out today. Mainly because Owen had a field trip to the museum, that I had already paid for. It was fun and he was thrilled to see a real hedgehog. And guess what his name was? Sonic! This made my boy so very happy. It's the little things for him. E is finally feeling a little better and stayed with  my best friend for a few hours. Of course E had fun and keeps talking about playing babies at L's house. Owen and I met up with my bestie, her son, and E for the handover and lunch. I always have fun with her and her family. I'm pretty sure I laugh more than talk! We were for sure the loudest table in Zaxbys and when we realized this, it was time to leave. I decided we would go to the Library and to visit with  my mom. My friend said,"well, you are just going to make a day of it." With which I responded,"well, since we live in the boondocks, when we come to town we get everything done." And that is very true. I don't like the 25 min drive.
So with it being past 12 and E still hadn't had a nap, for some reason I decided to stay out in town. She surprised me and did not have any major meltdowns. However I will not test those waters out again. Today I was lucky. The Library was so much fun and both children got a lot of new books. We then ventured over to visit with my mom. Both O and E love to visit Nina at work. You would think they never see her! (insert sarcasm, because we live right beside my parents.) On the way  home E fell asleep and is still sleeping. Maybe I should wake her.
OH and in other news, Owen has his first loose tooth! There is a lot of wiggling going on around here. And Emily is very disappointed Elmo's World no longer comes on. With the new season of sesame street came, Elmo the Musical. It's cute but she misses her regular show. When it comes on she looks at me with sad and confused eyes and then asks,"Mommy, where's Melmo wold". Very cute and sad! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Me and O on the bird of prey trail
Learning about a snake
Reading at the Library

No comments:

Post a Comment